Week 1 -Term 4
Communication and Language
Listening and attention
· Following instructions during games, activities and jobs.
· Adult led group discussions, taking turns to listen to each other and have our own ideas of what to say.
· Making time to talk with each child everyday, sharing news from half term.
· Singing and rhyme times.
Personal,Social and Emotional Development
Managing feelings and behavior
Self- confidence and self- awareness
Managing feelings and behaviour
· Thinking about how we are feeling and talking about different emotions. We made emotion faces to help us talk about this.
· Building friendships and having fun together with open ended resources, sharing ideas and enjoying each others company.
· Celebrating wow moments from home and preschool. Please send in ‘Wows’ anytime for your child to show.
Health and self care
Moving and handling
· Mastering washing up each day after snack and being independent putting plates up.
· Developing fine motor control though playing with pegs/threading.
· Negotiating uneven ground at forest school.
· Learning to be safe but still face challenge while playing outside.
· Scissor skills open ended cutting.
Shape space and measure
· Dinosaur games matching, comparing, counting.
· Measuring heights.
· Shape hunt outside.
· Small group card matching shape games.
· Problem solving to build houses and testing our ideas.
Understanding the world
People and communities
· Sharing news from our half terms with our families.
· Making mixtures with mud.
· Enjoying our outside and forest school.
· Building bird house – using tools and birds nests at forest school.
· Talking about where seeds come from, observing a dried sunflower and Planting its hundreds of seeds.
· Crazy circuits – making an electrical circuit as a group to power a light.
Expressive Art and Design
Exploring and using media and materials
· Experimenting with the light box and blending different colours to see what will happen.
· Printing and painting with vegetables.
· Role play home corner.
· Den building.
· Listening to music and stories on our music station.
· Write Dance.
· Painting with vegetables.
· Using big white board on the floor with White board pens and rubbers.
· Making up our own stories and scenarios in the home corner to act out.
· Writing on clipboards in construction area.
· Group time and 1-1 reading and enjoying fiction and non- fiction books.